The rail operators of seven countries discuss the development of freight traffic between China and Europe
12 Apr 2018
“Over the past years, the volume of container transportation on China—Europe—China route has annually doubled for the Belarusian Railway. In 2017, it amounted to 257 000 TEU containers, Head of the Belarusian Railway Vladimir Morozov said.
“The significant growth of container transportation in China—Europe direction has given a great driving factor to the efforts to integration the infrastructure of Asian and European countries, to promote trade and economic relations between this countries, — Vice General Manager of Chinese Railways Liu Zhenfang noted.
The Belarusian Railway has been working to develop the terminal infrastructure on the Belarusian-Polish border, to redistribute container flows and to set up new routes for container trains. In addition to Krasnoe—Orsha—Brest route the Belarusian Railway has launched container trains through the border checkpoints Bruzgi— Kuznica Białostocka and Svisloch-Siemianowka, 1st Deputy Head of the Belarusian Railway Igor Shilov said. Stockpile of handling capacity at the Belarusian-Polish border is 52%.
During the two-day meeting experts from seven countries will be working in two subgroups to discuss transportation, marketing, and information interaction. The meeting will focus on:
- container transportation technology on China―Europe route and infrastructure development;
- increase the speed of container trains;
- expand the geography of container transportation routes;
- develop electronic information exchange with customs and other regulatory authorities to ease control procedures for freight transportation;
- develop international mail operations, e-commerce goods, cargo in refrigerated containers and so on.